Showcasing Peru’s Inca and Colonial wonders and its captivating Andean scenery, our private journey is highlighted by a luxury rail journey aboard the Belmond Andean Explorer from Cuzco to Lake Titicaca and Arequipa.
- Dine overlooking a sacred 4th century pyramid in Lima.
- Ride the Hiram Bingham Train to awake at the Sanctuary Lodge next to Machu Picchu and be among the first to enter the Lost City for a return visit at dawn.
- Aboard the Belmond Andean Explorder luxury train, take in the captivating high-mountain scenery from the privacy of your rail cabin or suite or with fellow guests in the stylish Lounge
- Enjoy an al fresco island lunch surrounded by the sacred waters of Titicaca.
- Discover Arequipa, a Baroque gem set against a backdrop of three snow-capped peaks that soar to nearly 20,000 feet.
- Sit down to lunch on a Colonial hacienda in the Sacred Valley.
- Includes 3 UNESCO World Heritage sites
Day 1 - Welcome to Lima
On arrival in Lima, you’ll be escorted to the 5-star Miraflores Park Hotel where you can settle in to your ocean-view junior suite.
Day 2 - Discover Lima
Discover the colonial landmarks of this World Heritage City and tour the Lima Art Museum with its carefully curated exhibits spanning 3,000 years of Peruvian culture. Tonight, you’ll dine overlooking Huaca Pucllana, a sacred pre-Inca pyramid. meals b+d
Day 3 - Fly to Cuzco and on to the Sacred Valley
Fly to Cuzco and descend into the Sacred Valley to visit the Cochahuasi Animal Sanctuary. Enjoy a farm-to-table lunch of traditional Andean cuisine on a 17th-century hacienda and check into your terrace room at the luxurious Belmond Rio Sagrada. meals b+l
Day 4 - Wonders of the Andes
Your private tour includes the inspiring Inca fortress at Ollantaytambo, the enigmatic Inca terraces of Moray, and the picturesque Maras salt mines. Enjoy lunch on the Wayra Ranch and a show with Peruvian Paso horses. meals b+l
Day 5 - By luxury rail to Machu Picchu
Delight in the spectacular scenery of the Sacred Vally as you enjoy brunch and wine on board the Hiram Bingham Train. Arrive Aguas Calientes and ascend to Machu Picchu for an illuminating tour with our expert guide. Spend the night at the exclusive Belmond Sanctuary Lodge. meals b+l+d
Day 6 - From the lost city to Cuzco
Arising at our lodge, the only one next to Machu Picchu, you’ll be among the first to enter the Lost City. Before other visitors have even arrived, you’ll behold its majesty in the early light of day - a truly magical experience! Enjoy cocktails and dinner on the Hiram Bingham Train as you travel back to Cuzco. On arrival, check in to your oxygenated room at the Belmond Palacio Nazarenas. meals b+l+d
Day 7 - In and around Cuzco
Ascend to Sacsayhuaman, famed for its Inca stone work and views over Cuzco. Experience enduring Andean traditions at the San Pedro Market and Almudena Cemetery and tour the Cathedral and the Temple of the Sun. meals b
Day 8 - Board the Luxurious Belmond Andean Explorer
Our luxury adventure continues as you board the Belmond Andean Explorer. Step off to explore the remote archaeological site of Raqch’i and then enjoy Afternoon Tea on the rails as we make our way through a spectacular high-mountain pass. Our train stops for the night at a scenic spot overlooking Lake Titicaca. meals b+l+d
Day 9 - Sacred waters of Titicaca
Set out across the calm waters of Lake Titicaca to visit the remarkable floating islands of the Uros people. On Taquile, you’ll spend time with island residents who still speak the ancient language of the Andean plateau and have lunch on a pristine beach. meals b +l+d
Day 10 - To Arequipa + departure
Behold Lake Lagunillas, cradled by the mountain peaks, and visit the Sumbay Caves with their ancient cave paintings. Continue your rail journey to Arequipa and tour this Colonial gem before we take you to the airport for your included flight to Lima. meals b +l
Terms & Conditions
- Extensive sightseeing with your own private car, driver and guide including all entry fees
- Save $300 per person when you pay in full at time of booking. From $8099, per person, double occupancy after discount
- 13 meals: 9 breakfasts, 7 lunch and 4 dinners with wine and beer at all midday and evening meals
- 2 nights in your choice of rail car accommodations aboard the luxury Belmond Andean Explorer
- 7 nights in luxurious Belmond hotels including oxygenated rooms in Cuzco
- All on-tour transportation and airport transfers
- Luggage handling and all hotel taxes and service charges